YesNoOk

0.9.9.95 (Read 34060 times)

Started by Nightwish, June 28, 2005, 00:32:36

Share this topic:
Re: 0.9.9.95 |
June 29, 2005, 19:57:38
I get crashes like every five minutes, when someone writes to me. I think I mentioned it earlier... maybe you didn't see the post. It doesn't happen everytime I receive a message, but I can't tell what triggers it. I can still use TabSRMM and send messages after the crash, that's strange I think. It's just an alertbox telling me miranda32.exe has crashed. I've tried disabling a bunch of features in TabSRMM to make it go away, but it still crashes with like every third message I get. :(

That's most likely from some other plugin. tabSRMM cannot "soft" crash - it's written in C and has no execption handling or similar things. If it crashes, then it crashes "hard" and there is no way to recover from such a crash.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 20:31:39
Hmm... okay. What could it be then, any ideas? It started when I updated TabSRMM to this version. Haven't added any other plugin. I'll just have to try disabling a bunch of things and then activating them one by one.
June 29, 2005, 21:02:19
what happen to the clock ??

June 29, 2005, 21:07:51
It's a feature, it shows the local time for that contact.

(It would be kinda redundant to have miranda show your clock when you can very well see it in the sys tray :))
June 29, 2005, 21:23:40
i ask him what the time on his clock and he said "22:54"

and not "5:54"  :(
June 29, 2005, 21:28:07
i ask him what the time on his clock and he said "22:54"

and not "5:54"  :(

Then ask him again to fix his local timezone in his ICQ profile, or if he doesn't care, fix it yourself (you can set a timezone for each contact in its user preferences dialog).

The feature is working fine, but only if the timezone is configured properly.

P.S. Next time, read the changelog. The feature is mentioned there.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 21:34:18
tnx Nightwish that was the problem and next time i will read the changelog before asking  :smile:
June 29, 2005, 21:35:58
Hmm... okay. What could it be then, any ideas? It started when I updated TabSRMM to this version. Haven't added any other plugin. I'll just have to try disabling a bunch of things and then activating them one by one.

Well, if it's a C++ runtime error, chances are good that it may come from smileyadd. The smileyadd.dll included in the .95 archive is based on a new codebase (the version by borkra).

If you're using IEview - it also may be the cause. Older IEView versions are not fully compatibly with tabSRMM .95 - next release will again be.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 21:40:38
tnx Nightwish that was the problem and next time i will read the changelog before asking  :smile:

The problem is that ICQ, by default, sets the local timezone for new accounts to GMT-8 (pacific standard time) or something like that, and that's wrong for most people.

Also, lots of people don't care about their profile or don't want to update it. That's why I added the timezone stuff to the user preferences so you can do it yourself, AND it can be used with all protocols (icq is the only protocol offering a timezone setting).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 21:59:55

Well, if it's a C++ runtime error, chances are good that it may come from smileyadd. The smileyadd.dll included in the .95 archive is based on a new codebase (the version by borkra).

If you're using IEview - it also may be the cause. Older IEView versions are not fully compatibly with tabSRMM .95 - next release will again be.

Hmm, using neither of them though. I deactivated KeyboardNotify along with some others now, and the crashes disappeared.

Although I'm still getting a weird behaviour, and have been for quite a while I think, don't remember when it started, anyways, it's when I try to exit Miranda... and everything closes down but the message windows stay open and miranda32.exe is still running. TabSRMM's tray icon is still visible, but not Miranda's. I'm forced to shut down the process manually. Must be some other evil plugin...
June 29, 2005, 22:06:05
Although I'm still getting a weird behaviour, and have been for quite a while I think, don't remember when it started, anyways, it's when I try to exit Miranda... and everything closes down but the message windows stay open and miranda32.exe is still running. TabSRMM's tray icon is still visible, but not Miranda's. I'm forced to shut down the process manually. Must be some other evil plugin...

I'am seeing this very often at the moment aswell. It happens more often when using clist_modern than with clist_classic or _nicer, but it is not only related to the contact list, since it does happen with clist classic aswell.

It means that *some* plugin is blocking the shutdown sequence and tabSRMMs own shutdown code will never be executed, because of this. Actually, the first thing which it does in the shutdown sequence is to close all message windows, so if this doesn't happen, it means the code is never executed.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 22:39:01
Dear Nightwish ?
how u r explain that, then this person- "theman"
have Miranda.. and i see the time in the panel ?

edit-
the pictures--

Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 22:43:06 by huh
June 29, 2005, 22:53:13
Dear Nightwish ?
how u r explain that, then this person- "theman"
have Miranda.. and i see the time in the panel ?

Because a timezone setting is present.

Again, read the changelog. There is nothing wrong with that feature.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 30, 2005, 00:13:02
Is there a downside to closing the process manually?
June 30, 2005, 00:18:10
Is there a downside to closing the process manually?

Yes. Some plugin settings may not be saved to the db. Depending on the way the plugin is written. Some save them immediately after you hit apply in the options, some others may cache the new settings in memory and write them at exit. However, I think that most plugins (and the core, of course) write settings as soon as possible.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 30, 2005, 00:30:46
Which other plugins are you using that could be causing this?
June 30, 2005, 00:58:24
Which other plugins are you using that could be causing this?

Actually, I'am running not very many plugins. Standard configuration, msn, icqj, jabber, yahoo (all self compiled from cvs), tabsrmm of course, popup. Normally, I use clist_nicer, although I've switched to clist_modern recently.

Fontservice, IcoLib, Metacontacts, AwaySys and a few smaller plugins.

The shutdown `lock` may be caused by a thread locking issue (some plugin waiting for a thread to terminate). Only protocol plugins are heavily multithreaded, most other stuff is running in the main thread.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 30, 2005, 09:32:31
Bug:
If you click rmb on the title bar, choose hide title bar, and then go to container options, "Hide title bar" will be unchecked, so if you press ok, it will show again.
June 30, 2005, 20:13:35
Sometimes the status bar icon changes to the "message waiting to be read" icon after I've just typed a reply to somebody. It only happens to me on my first reply, then the person must say something again.

I'm 100% sure there are no messages waiting.
July 01, 2005, 13:16:53
i am guessing that you are using autoswitch tabs
if so
then this is a known bug in the last 2 versions
although Nightwish didn't comment about it yet
July 01, 2005, 17:30:23
Oh okay. I didn't think it could be autoswitching.
July 01, 2005, 21:26:49
No I get that too and I don't have autoswitch enabled.
July 01, 2005, 23:57:59
No I get that too and I don't have autoswitch enabled.

i could reproduce it only when auto switch is on
but now i can't reproduce it at all hmmm... maybe that container should be opened automatically too, kinda hard to test that at this hour :)

EDIT:
nope it's not that... it's really weird i can't reproduce it anymore... it happened ALL the time for quite some time ???  ???  ???
Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 00:03:51 by PROGAME
July 02, 2005, 00:36:50
nope my mistake, it is just as reproducible as before
all that's needed is to activate autoswitch, open a container, minimize it and double click a contact in the list to add a new tab to the container
July 02, 2005, 01:09:39
In my case (no autoswitch) - the icon sticks sometimes, even if I focus the container, which should switch the icon back to the contact status icon.