YesNoOk

0.9.9.95 (Read 33395 times)

Started by Nightwish, June 28, 2005, 00:32:36

Share this topic:
Re: 0.9.9.95 |
June 28, 2005, 15:41:38
can anyone explain to me what an "extended status icon" is?
i use a modified isee version mit avatar-support (http://forums.miranda-im.org/showthread.php?t=2537).
It's ICQ specific. You can set up to 24 predefined extended status modes. They are independent of the "real" status mode (can be used in any mode) and each of these modes has its own icon assigned to. tabSRMM shows the extended status icon in the nickname field of the info panel (if present). In order to see it elsewhere, you need a MW clist - clist classic won't show you the extended status icons.

You also need a ICQ dll with support for these modes. ICQJ (alpha version) has read support for exended status modes (you cannot yet set your own), and the modified ISee by Big Muscle has both read and write support for extended status modes.

btw: no tooltip on mouseover!   ???

You only get the tooltip when an extended status icon is set, of course.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
June 28, 2005, 16:29:00
What is the button in the status bar for?  Clicking it doesn't actually do anything.

It's the session list/tray icon stuff, containing the session menu, favorites and recent entries.

However, this stuff doesn't work on Win 9x and requires Win2k or later. I already explained why - it's because, Win 9x cannot deal with 32bit menu IDs.

You can disable the button on the Event Notification option page (Tray support -> "Show session list menu on the message window status bar"
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
June 28, 2005, 17:03:30
You also need a ICQ dll with support for these modes. ICQJ (alpha version) has read support for exended status modes (you cannot yet set your own), and the modified ISee by Big Muscle has both read and write support for extended status modes.

but how?  :-[
June 28, 2005, 17:59:59
I don't get a popup with the status-message when hovering the status-icon or -name.

The icon of the container does not switch back properly to the status-icon (instead of unread-event-icon).

And I miss a variable for the group-/container-name for the status-bar.
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
June 28, 2005, 18:51:24
I don't get a popup with the status-message when hovering the status-icon or -name.

You get a tooltip. When hovering the name, the tooltip only appears when an extended status has been set

The icon of the container does not switch back properly to the status-icon (instead of unread-event-icon).

Works fine for me. However, it does not switch back automatically, only when the container receives the focus.

__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 28, 2005, 18:55:52
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 28, 2005, 19:00:05
You get a tooltip. When hovering the name, the tooltip only appears when an extended status has been set
I thought, it receives the away/dnd/...-message of the user. So it's ONLY for extended statuses? Then what do you think about the normal status-messages?

Works fine for me. However, it does not switch back automatically, only when the container receives the focus.
Hmm... if the container has the focus, it doesn't switch at all (that's ok). But somtimes it does not change back when the container/tab gets the focus. Ah, it's switched back when i double click in the container-window.
Edit: It also switches back to status-icon when activating the container via taskbar-button
__
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 19:07:03 by Oemmes
June 28, 2005, 19:07:42

I thought, it receives the away/dnd/...-message of the user. So it's ONLY for extended statuses? Then what do you think about the normal status-messages?

For normal status messages, you need to hover the status field in the info panel. There is a small delay in which you shouldn't move the mouse.

Oh, and the checkbox right of the status field needs to be checked, otherwise the feature is disabled.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 28, 2005, 19:10:07
For normal status messages, you need to hover the status field in the info panel. There is a small delay in which you shouldn't move the mouse.

Oh, and the checkbox right of the status field needs to be checked, otherwise the feature is disabled.
That's what I meant... but I get no tooltip at all :-[
__
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 19:19:48 by Oemmes
June 28, 2005, 19:27:08
There's a slight drawing bug with the visibility button on the info panel.
"show info panel" has to be disabled in the container options when the container is created. Now, if you show the info panel with the hotkey (alt + i) the visibility button won't be drawn right; if you click on it then it will update. If you activate the info panel from the container options then the visibilty button will be drawn right from the start.
June 28, 2005, 21:43:37
i didn't notice the notes thing... nice :)

shouldn't it remember the RTL/LTR alignment too?
June 28, 2005, 22:24:27
Small typo in message sessions -> message window -> containers: 1. chossing "container settings" from...
June 28, 2005, 22:46:51
some more:

just before the one posted above

"avalable"

in the template editor help

%w:   day of week (Sunday, Monday.. translateable)
%U:   UIN (contextual, own uin for sent, buddys UIN for received messages)
%O:   Name of month, translateable
%*:   bold (works as toggle, first occurance turns bold on, next turns it off)
most variables. Modifiers have to follow the % character immediatly, however, their
events. You can use these modifieres to get different message formatting for old

in the configure tab appearance window
contente
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 22:49:03 by PROGAME
June 29, 2005, 00:22:01
How Come I still got this error?

Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 00:29:56 by andrewabc
June 29, 2005, 00:23:18
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 00:31:29
When that was first introduced, I remember the word "vertical" being farther right, lined up above "inner".
You're telling me that it is supposed to be that way?
June 29, 2005, 00:33:47
When that was first introduced, I remember the word "vertical" being farther right, lined up above "inner".
You're telling me that it is supposed to be that way?

It is. And if you call it an "error"...

Sorry, but that's nitpicking, nothing more. If you don't like it, fix it with reshacker or whatever.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 04:49:22
i have postet earlier the crash of Tabsrmm when hovering over the status tooltip.
I got a solution for these crashes. I deleted all Tabsrmm-Settings in the database. After that the status tooltip works great with any protocol... :)
June 29, 2005, 13:17:25
Hmmm... My problem seems to persist, even though I have my "old colourscheme" back... I can still not change any of the colours if I would want something new. With or without fontservice. Is there any fix?
June 29, 2005, 14:22:52
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 17:49:04
Nightwish:

Firs I want to say tanks for your work!!!

If you lend me I could suggest it changing the way you storage the avatars in the ...\Miranda IM\tabSRMM folder, I see you put there a copy of the image we selected from tabsrmm, but you don´t change the size of it. The problem is, if we select a large image tabsrmm take a few seconds to proses the change of image, freezing Miranda and if we chose an image not perfectly square, it shows bad down there. This could be solved (if it would be possible to implement) you use the png2dib.dll to give the images the right format and size, like for instead MSN.dll do.

Thanks again and don´t give up your excellent work  8)
June 29, 2005, 17:55:22
If you lend me I could suggest it changing the way you storage the avatars in the ...\Miranda IM\tabSRMM folder, I see you put there a copy of the image we selected from tabsrmm, but you don´t change the size of it. The problem is, if we select a large image tabsrmm take a few seconds to proses the change of image, freezing Miranda and if we chose an image not perfectly square, it shows bad down there. This could be solved (if it would be possible to implement) you use the png2dib.dll to give the images the right format and size, like for instead MSN.dll do.

I'am not gonna resizing the actual images. Resizing is done in the message window itself when drawing the image. Reason is quite simple - image quality loss would be even worse, when resizing the image twice (first, before saving it, and then again when drawing it).

The "freeze" with large images is caused by the loading process. Gif and .jpgs are loaded via OLE helper functions inside miranda - to save memory and resources, Miranda initializes OLE "on demand" only, that is, the first time you need it. This can add some more delay

For "non square" images - I don't see any problems with them. tabSRMM maintains aspect ratio when resizing.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 18:29:02

For "non square" images - I don't see any problems with them. tabSRMM maintains aspect ratio when resizing.

The image shows what I told you:

As you see this image is not square so tabrsmm don´t show the same as other people see the avatar and the (always keep the button bar at full width) option is not checked as you see.  ???
June 29, 2005, 18:36:10
As you see this image is not square so tabrsmm don´t show the same as other people see the avatar and the (always keep the button bar at full width) option is not checked as you see.  ???

Well, that's normal. tabSRMM shows the images unmodified (with actual aspect ratio), but MSN has to resize/crop them, because MSN avatars needs to be square at a fixed format (96 x 96 pixels).

However, I'am not going to change it, because tabSRMMs avatar code is more flexible and allows pictures of any aspect ratio and (almost) any size. Also, limiting them to square images would, for example, break icq avatars, because they are *not* square.

So, it's up to the user to choose a valid image, I guess.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 29, 2005, 19:52:41
I get crashes like every five minutes, when someone writes to me. I think I mentioned it earlier... maybe you didn't see the post. It doesn't happen everytime I receive a message, but I can't tell what triggers it. I can still use TabSRMM and send messages after the crash, that's strange I think. It's just an alertbox telling me miranda32.exe has crashed. I've tried disabling a bunch of features in TabSRMM to make it go away, but it still crashes with like every third message I get. :(