YesNoOk

0.9.9.95 (Read 33825 times)

Started by Nightwish, June 28, 2005, 00:32:36

Share this topic:
0.9.9.95 |
June 28, 2005, 00:32:36
Well, there is NO pre8. I decided to release it as .95, because I think that it's stable enough to do so. There are certainly still some bugs, and that's what the next few releases will focus on.

A few "highlights":

• The info panel, showing various user informations, including the buddys avatar at the top of the message window. The panel can be resized with a splitter and this splitter follows the same rules as the message window splitter (global, private, saving policy). The info panel is a "per container" setting, but it is possible to override it per contact, if you need. There is also a "quick toggle" hotkey (Alt-I) to switch the info panel on / off qickly. However, this is temporarily and is not saved. To configure the info panel permanently, use the container options dialog OR the info panel menu, which is located right of the toolbar button with the status icon on it (a simple dropdown arrow).
Info panel and avatars: When the info panel is ON, the top avatar field shows the buddys avatar and the lower avatar field shows your own avatar (if it is set). You can set your own avatar for the message window by using the "load a local picture" menu entry. For MSN contacts, this will also set your MSN avatar. For ICQ and yahoo, that's not going to work, because these protocols do not (yet?) allow to set the avatar from an external plugin. So tabSRMMs avatar is private to the message window. Since there is still no unified avatar api, that also doesn't work in the opposite direction.

The info panel may show additional information like idle time, contacts local time (if a timezone has been set) and the extended status icon in front of the nickname (ICQJ/ISee only - recent builds needed). Tooltips were added: When you hover the status field, it will try to retrieve the status message. If you hover the nick field with an extended status icon present, it will explain the extended status in plain text. The little checkbox left of the avatar can be used to quickly toggle the status message tooltip.

• Timezone support - ICQ provides a "local timezone" which can be set for any contact. If present, tabsrmm shows the local time of the contact in the info panel and you can switch the message log to show the buddys messages with his local timestamp instead of your own time.

For NON-ICQ contacts, you can use the tabSRMM user preferences (from the contacts context menu) to set a timezone from GMT-12 to GMT+12 so the "use contacts local time" feature can now work not only with ICQ contacts.

• Idle support added. Idle contacts have their icons now dimmed, like on the contact list. That feature is optional ("Tabs and layout" option page). Also, idle time is shown in the info panel, if available.

Some notes, however.

Before upgrading:

• backup your current tabsrmm DLL
  • backup your current smileyadd DLL
  • save your current theme settings (Message Log menu -> Export Message Log Settings)

After upgrading:

• Review all the options (some internal stuff has changed)
  • Review container options for each of your containers. It's now possible to have global container options and/or global container size/position.
  • Review font settings, especially if you don't use font service plugin.

I consider this release "feature complete" now. Compared to .95pre7, there is a lot of new stuff, most importatnly, the info panel and dual avatar support, compared to .94, the changes are comprehensive.

The "roadmap".

.95 will be followed by a few bugfix releases. Minor enhancements of existing features may also happen, but nothing new. Once all major bugs are gone, there will be a 1.0.

The archive contains a new smileyadd.DLL which is based on the fixed version by bokra (which was posted to the file listing a few days ago). I added two more minor changes (tabSRMM related only)

* when activating the smiley selection window, a transparent container will not switch to "inactive" transparency setting anymore.

* closing the smiley selection window will *always* return focus to the msg input area. Previously, it did only after selecting a smiley, now it also does when you close the window by hitting ESC or just clicking somewhere else.

Download
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: 0.9.9.95 |
June 28, 2005, 00:51:22
  • My personal text is too personal to be public...
I getting an access violation when retrieving status message of an online contact that is also using miranda. When I over the status field in the info panel, the infotip appears(retrieving...) and miranda crash just after that...

I think this will not help at all :D

Miranda crashed on Monday, 27 Jun 2005 at 21:48:05.
===============================================================
 C:\!INTERNET\miranda-im-v0.4\miranda32.exe caused an Access Violation.
 Location 6a56b604 in module C:\!INTERNET\miranda-im-v0.4\Plugins\tabsrmm_unicode.dll.
 Reading from location 00000000.

Registers:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 eax=019754ac ebx=00000401 ecx=00000100 edx=7efefeff esi=00000000 edi=019754ac
 eip=6a56b604 esp=0012fa38 ebp=00000000 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na po nc
 cs=001b  ss=0023  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=003b  gs=0000             efl=00010206

Address    Module                                               Comp   Symbol
---------- ---------------------------------------------------- ------ ------------------
                ( cannot access function call stack )

EDIT:
The template editor seems to have a bug, I need to select an item and than click on the "update preview" button to see the message. On the label above this button you have the following text "... Select templates in the listbox to show a preview". That gives me the idea that I only need to select the template to see the preview, which it's not happening.
__
I don't believe in aliens, they never say the truth!
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 00:59:09 by chronon
June 28, 2005, 00:59:38
chronon

Don't have this bug in yesterday's CVS build...
June 28, 2005, 01:03:06
  • My personal text is too personal to be public...
I'm using the version from the above nighwish's post.
__
I don't believe in aliens, they never say the truth!
June 28, 2005, 06:07:31
I getting an access violation when retrieving status message of an online contact that is also using miranda. When I over the status field in the info panel, the infotip appears(retrieving...) and miranda crash just after that...

The same Crash happens to me too. But not only with Miranda-Contacts. It happens with all Contacts.
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 06:09:32 by Tigerix
June 28, 2005, 06:59:54
I have one question here:

Is there an option to change the font on the tab?

sorry if it has been asked before.
June 28, 2005, 07:02:46
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
June 28, 2005, 07:42:14
Well, there is NO pre8. I decided to release it as .95, because I think that it's stable enough to do so.
Oh please don't do that... it makes helping people hard when just looking on the VersionInfo since the pre alpha versions had the same version number...
June 28, 2005, 07:56:07

I think this will not help at all :D

Miranda crashed on Monday, 27 Jun 2005 at 21:48:05.
===============================================================
 C:\!INTERNET\miranda-im-v0.4\miranda32.exe caused an Access Violation.
 Location 6a56b604 in module C:\!INTERNET\miranda-im-v0.4\Plugins\tabsrmm_unicode.dll.
 Reading from location 00000000.

Registers:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 eax=019754ac ebx=00000401 ecx=00000100 edx=7efefeff esi=00000000 edi=019754ac
 eip=6a56b604 esp=0012fa38 ebp=00000000 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na po nc
 cs=001b  ss=0023  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=003b  gs=0000             efl=00010206

Address    Module                                               Comp   Symbol
---------- ---------------------------------------------------- ------ ------------------
                ( cannot access function call stack )

I get the same error. I'm not using the unicode build. And I cannot reproduce the problem all the time, only sometimes
June 28, 2005, 08:03:03
Upgraded from 0.95-pre7. Problem arose in the messagelog area... all my fonts and customizations are gone, all black regular fonts. BUT it still keeps my "received" background colour. The message input area still keeps my colour choice though.
When I look at the Customize -> fonts -> tabsrmm (using fontservice plug currently) all my customizations seems to be there (even when I deactivate the fontservice and look in the tabsrmm options)...but no matter what I do my colours won't go through, unless I deactivate IEview-support in tabsrmm. Is this bug ieview related or tabsrmm related? And is there an easy fix (without deactivating ieview) ....Currently using ieview 1.0.3.5
June 28, 2005, 09:20:04
Fixed it in a temporary way, don't know if it's a good way though.
I went back to the 0.95-pre7, saw that the colours THERE could be modified (and they were indeed black/neutral/default).
Lazy as I am I imported a previously exported setting of tabsrmm (exported and imported tabsrmm section with dbeditor++) where the colours were alright, and then I upgraded to 0.95 again ...and the colours seem this time to be correct. Don't dare changing them though ;)
(btw, only using ieview for smileys, not for displaying the messagelog (ie no templates) )
June 28, 2005, 10:44:43
Alt I doesn't seem to do anything?
so i enabled it using the quick toggle in the info panel controls menu, the inf panel appears
opened that menu again and just clicked on the input area for example
the info panel disappears
June 28, 2005, 11:01:25
I'm crashing like every other minute here. Should I post screenshots of the error message that pops up? It's just memory references...

It happens when I receive a message, I'm almost certain.
June 28, 2005, 12:15:42
Could you make a small button to pop up the variables description window whenever there is a field that takes variables for input - like the container options etc... Would that be possible? It could be like a small questionmark.
June 28, 2005, 12:29:51
€: ok, found the solution ;)
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 13:19:59 by Thubb
June 28, 2005, 12:33:34
What is the button in the status bar for?  Clicking it doesn't actually do anything.
June 28, 2005, 13:18:59
I get the same error. I'm not using the unicode build. And I cannot reproduce the problem all the time, only sometimes

IT's a missing null pointer check. For some reasons, in some cases protocols return the success code for the away message request, but the actual status message is *missing*.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 28, 2005, 13:20:49
there seems to be a small bug with the standard-templates:
when i press "update preview" instead of my Nickname the word "Nick" is used for %N. also in the message-window my Nickname no longer appears but the word "Nick"...

any solution ?

Yes, change your nick again. And it is completely unrelated. I've seen it happening, but it only happened for ICQ contacts when using the new, alpha build of ICQJ, i sometimes "lost" my nickname :)
__
My SMF-based forum fork
June 28, 2005, 13:29:25
When I place the cursor over status field in info panel of online contact Tooltips "retrieving" is shown and then miranda crash  :(
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 13:31:58 by Lovecraft
June 28, 2005, 13:37:40
The crash is only with clist_classic, with clist_mw is working  ???

Edit: Also crash with clist_mw with contact that no have status message
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 13:48:43 by Lovecraft
June 28, 2005, 13:54:51
i was sure that's something known for the last build but in this one too:

if i have a container minimized in the tray and i double click a contact, a new tab is created in that container and the container is no longer minimized as expected
but the icon of the container changes to the msg icon

the msg icon will stay until i
1. switch tabs (or close the tab)
2. create a new tab while the container isn't minimized
June 28, 2005, 13:57:20
the above mentioned problem only happens when autoswitch is on!
oh my, sounds to me like a good time to fix some other problem related to it :P

EDIT:
i am now able to use the alt i hotkey my mistake about that
toggling the info panel with the hotkey,  opening the info panel control menu and then clicking on the input area produces the same result
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 14:02:26 by PROGAME
June 28, 2005, 14:02:55
Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 14:05:20 by Lovecraft
June 28, 2005, 15:25:26
great work. great new features.  :D
June 28, 2005, 15:33:43