YesNoOk

.tabsrmm themes... (Read 8599 times)

Started by Nightwish, July 26, 2005, 12:07:24

Share this topic:
.tabsrmm themes... |
July 26, 2005, 12:07:24
I'am about to create the final steps for the 1.0 release.

This will contain a "fist time configuration" dialog which pops up when you install tabSRMM on a fresh profile (it will pop up for everybody, actually, but the dialog can be skipped). Once it has been seen, it will, of course, never appear again, until the db setting "firstrun" disappears.

The dialog will allow you to set a few basic message window options. It will also allow you to choose from 2 or 3 different themes. One of them should be a "compact" theme with a look close to SRMM (or, at least, very basic). The "fancy" theme provides more "eye candy", but still focuses on readability.

So, if anyone is running a rather compact theme, and wants his theme to be one of the defaults, he can submit it here.

Some rules, though:

• theme should use fonts available to all windows installations (tahoma, verdana, arial, MS Sans Serif - you get the idea).
  • timestamps in localized format, if possible (%D, %E variables, no "absolute" numbers like %m or %h).
  • compact look, no additional newlines, grid lines (although, "normal" grid lines would be ok), custom bg colors.
  • by default, all elements should be visible (nicknames, timestamps, icons).

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: .tabsrmm themes... |
July 26, 2005, 13:06:53
i think that at least one of the themes should have the message in a new line
July 26, 2005, 13:16:12
i think that at least one of the themes should have the message in a new line

The "fancy" theme does. It's actually a theme showing off most features, including grid lines, multiple background colors and more. Only the fonts remain "standard" (mostly Tahoma).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 27, 2005, 07:44:09
Perfectly! Its one thing what I and many other pplz waited! :)

I think one theme must be icq like...
August 03, 2005, 17:29:47
and only the simple, compact, plain, irksome templates can be posted here?
__
People will think what I tell them to think when you tell me what to tell them to think.,,
August 03, 2005, 17:57:56
and only the simple, compact, plain, irksome templates can be posted here?

Sure. If you want to contribute your theme, just post it. I may even add more than one to the final installer.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
August 04, 2005, 04:06:19
Better put only one, basic theme,  in the package and release any other themes in the File Listing.
Once the user got an idea about how themes are handled, he can easily download and install a fancier one.

More than one theme in the package would be... how can I say that... confusing (I know you love this word).  ;)

Would you add a minimal installation and configuration dialog for those users that want to have IEView as their message log? Maybe automatically enable IEView as default log once it's been detected as installed and enabled? Or at least ask if user wants to enable it, if IEView is found in the plugins folder...
August 04, 2005, 09:46:25
__
People will think what I tell them to think when you tell me what to tell them to think.,,