YesNoOk

CTRL+Z stops working (Read 1657 times)

Started by NightFox, August 26, 2010, 16:43:46

CTRL+Z stops working |
August 26, 2010, 16:43:46
1. If I press TAB during typing (and it deletes my selected text, instead of make a space from it), then CTRL+Z doesn't work after this.
2. Also, during typing sometimes CTRL+Z function doesn't work: for example, I'm typing text "test 123 456 jsadas as df", then using CTRL+Z I can return just to "test 123", and can't go back further, and CTRL+Y doesn't work too.
Re: CTRL+Z stops working |
August 26, 2010, 17:19:51
That's normal behavior in rich edit controls. It has something to do with a limited undo buffer in rich edit and I don't know where you can set its size without modifying the code (maybe it is a registry tweak, no idea, but TabSRMM does not modify the size of the undo queue).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb774290%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Here is the relevant info about the undo limit on rich edit controls. Default is 100 steps (which should be enough) - no idea why it is smaller on your system.

Changes made by tab (nick - auto complete) cannot be undone but that can probably be changed...
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 18:16:33 by Nightwish
August 26, 2010, 20:40:55
Using TAB doesn't make sense except for autocompleting nick names.
I don't need autocompleting nicknames, but I need a normal using TAB (tabulation), because you can send it to contact and they will see it.
August 26, 2010, 20:50:15
That's normal behavior in rich edit controls. It has something to do with a limited undo buffer in rich edit and I don't know where you can set its size without modifying the code (maybe it is a registry tweak, no idea, but TabSRMM does not modify the size of the undo queue).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb774290%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Here is the relevant info about the undo limit on rich edit controls. Default is 100 steps (which should be enough) - no idea why it is smaller on your system.
But then why when I'm typing text, and then delete certain symbols from it CTRL+Z works ok (with a big amount of steps)?
Sorry, I understood what's the problem, it's because of my patch for typed text autosaving. It apears that after saving the steps are being reseted.
Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 20:57:22 by NightFox
August 26, 2010, 22:10:26
I don't need autocompleting nicknames, but I need a normal using TAB (tabulation), because you can send it to contact and they will see it.

If you want tabulate in normal messages you must enable Message Sessions->Tabs and layout->Allow TAB key in typing area....

By default, this is off so you can use TAB to switch focus from input area to the send button. Some minor bugs with TAB behavior were fixed in today's commit.

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork