YesNoOk

.96 out (Read 15903 times)

Started by Nightwish, July 18, 2005, 05:16:40

Share this topic:
.96 out |
July 18, 2005, 05:16:40
See changelog for details. Most importantly added is support for showing unicode messages in popups. You need a unicode - aware popup.dll which will be automatically detected and used when it's present. Otherwise, tabsrmm shows ansi popups like before.

Note that popup-unicode is marked "alpha" and not completely stable right now.

And when you have fontservice installed, you can tweak some font and color options in the info panel.

I'am currently most interested in the "info panel crash" which happens for some (but not all - that's the bad thing, because it would be way easier to find if it was reproduceable) people. It's working fine for most, but some get crashes.

Note that .96 *may* reset your container settings if it detects old and no longer used flags. This only affects the settings, size and position of the containers is untouched.

Also. from now on, old releases will continue to be available for download. The naming scheme is like:

tabsrmm-XXtest.zip (where xx are the last two numbers of the current release).

Download link

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: .96 out |
July 18, 2005, 13:48:40
ieview-message-log-loading while opening the first container is a million times faster now.
thank you. but using big muscles lastest isee+avatar ICQ.dll build the extended-status-popup isn't
there anymore. but standard-status popup works fine.

and my mx700 back+forward-buttons won't work as descripted.

btw: my wish for the next release is a tab-sorting-feature  ;)
Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 13:51:05 by ds-sonic
July 18, 2005, 14:01:52
ieview-message-log-loading while opening the first container is a million times faster now.
thank you. but using big muscles lastest isee+avatar ICQ.dll build the extended-status-popup isn't
there anymore. but standard-status popup works fine.

Works fine. Although, I do use ICQJ...

and my mx700 back+forward-buttons won't work as descripted.

Then, your miranda doesn't receive the WM_APPCOMMAND message, which isn't really my fault :) The mouse pointer must be inside the message window, not over some of the tabs.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 18, 2005, 19:58:21
Works fine. Although, I do use ICQJ...

i am waiting for big muscle's next release for about two weeks.  :(
but i love the isee functionality - nevertheless it isn't working perfect.
btw: is version 0.3.5.2 (19/05/2005) the latest ICQJ version?
and where can i get the latest testing releases?

Then, your miranda doesn't receive the WM_APPCOMMAND message, which isn't really my fault :) The mouse pointer must be inside the message window, not over some of the tabs.

i am using logitech mouseware ver. 9.79.1 build 25
and configured the buttons properly. but nevermind - i'm using alt+1,2,3,... instead and love it  ;)

last question:
what is the meaning of an arrow instead of the clock symbol? (info panel)
Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 20:25:52 by ds-sonic
July 18, 2005, 20:57:01
July 18, 2005, 21:58:42
thanks. i tested ICQJ 0.3.6devel Alpha 3b.
but the extended status popup isn't there.  :'(
July 18, 2005, 22:21:47
thanks. i tested ICQJ 0.3.6devel Alpha 3b.
but the extended status popup isn't there.  :'(

It is, but only if a status has been set (an x-status icon must be visible in the panel). Then the balloon tooltip will show up when you hover the nickname.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 18, 2005, 23:54:46
the popup was there using .95 version.
extended status is set and the icon is there. but no popup!
a friend of mine reported the same thing to me.

here is a screenshot related to my earlier question:
Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 11:12:05 by ds-sonic
July 19, 2005, 12:35:24
the popup was there using .95 version.
extended status is set and the icon is there. but no popup!
a friend of mine reported the same thing to me.

here is a screenshot related to my earlier question:

I see a clock instead an arrow.....
July 19, 2005, 13:00:26
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 19, 2005, 15:55:19
2 things:

1) The status-message-tooltip in the info-panel does not work, when baloon-tips are deactivatet for windows at all (I think that's the case and also that someone has mentioned this before).
Why don't you use just a standard-tooltip? [thinking]because you cannot handle that the message must be retrieved first[/thinking]
Is there an other solution perhaps, if the baloon-tooltips are deactivated?

2) Sometimes when I open a new container the mouse-cursor disappears within the container (not over the other windows). So I have to activate anything else and then it works. (also had this in .95)
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
July 19, 2005, 16:08:47
If it's not a clock, then there is a problem with the Wingdings font. The font is needed to display the clock symbols.

it depends on something i can't figure out.
sometimes it's an arrow, but in most the cases it's a clock!
Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 16:11:54 by ds-sonic
July 19, 2005, 16:09:25
2 things:

1) The status-message-tooltip in the info-panel does not work, when baloon-tips are deactivatet for windows at all (I think that's the case and also that someone has mentioned this before).
Why don't you use just a standard-tooltip? [thinking]because you cannot handle that the message must be retrieved first[/thinking]
Is there an other solution perhaps, if the baloon-tooltips are deactivated?

No, sorry. I don't see any reason to deactivate balloon tooltips though.

__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 19, 2005, 19:20:55
if a contact is offline but not already marked as offline (for example)
(same situation as if i got a "message delivery failed" err-message)
i got a popup:

in all other cases - no popup for extended status.
Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 22:25:37 by ds-sonic
July 20, 2005, 07:06:28
Is it just me, or does TabSRMM only work with non-IRC protocols?  :confused:
I can get it to work when chatting privatly, but not on a normal channel.. Very strange.. Any pointers?
(For configuration, see attached PNG)
July 20, 2005, 08:25:51
Is it just me, or does TabSRMM only work with non-IRC protocols?  :confused:
I can get it to work when chatting privatly, but not on a normal channel.. Very strange.. Any pointers?
(For configuration, see attached PNG)
It doesn't work with IRC channels... and it never was... and never will... there is nothing strange in that... chat.dll is used for IRC channels...
July 20, 2005, 10:06:08
tooltip over the typingsupport button in msg-windows (lower right corner) is missing.
and i heard about the arrow/clock symbol problem from others too.
July 20, 2005, 10:26:29
tooltip over the typingsupport button in msg-windows (lower right corner) is missing.
and i heard about the arrow/clock symbol problem from others too.
The tooltip rectangle is too small, if you put your mouse in the upper left corner of the image the tooltip appears :) (it's been like this for some time now)
July 20, 2005, 11:02:49
The tooltip rectangle is too small, if you put your mouse in the upper left corner of the image the tooltip appears :) (it's been like this for some time now)

It's a windows thing. It just places the tooltip rectangle in a very stupid way if the status bar panel has a "size grip" (the handle to resize the window).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 20, 2005, 19:14:41
Nightwish, what about fonts settings?
Is it too hard to make default theme nicer? :'(
July 21, 2005, 02:56:18
Nightwish, what about fonts settings?
Is it too hard to make default theme nicer? :'(

Not needed to waste time on that stuff. Most people will change it anyway.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 21, 2005, 06:09:12
hm... its really careful altitude to users  :mad:
July 21, 2005, 06:31:43
hm... its really careful altitude to users  :mad:

It's a practical attitude :)

Honestly, it doesn't make sense, because:

• 50% or more of the users won't like MY defaults.
  • 20% will complain that they are ugly and request to change them in the next release. This would never stop then, because color schemes and fonts are a matter of personal taste. It's just impossible to find settings which everybody will like.
  • 10% are running windows themes or color schemes which may cause things not even be readable. That's why the default settings are using windows standard colors. No matter if you have a bright or dark theme, it will always be, at least, readable. That's what windows color schemes are for. As a developer, it's just stupid to ignore them and deliver an application with your own colors.
  • .. and so on...

So yes, it's nothing more than a waste of time.

I made tabSRMM configureable in almost any possible way by providing templates, themes and more. Personally, I don't need all that stuff, so if you want to complain about my attitude - do it elsewhere. Furthermore, I ususally don't give a crap on what others think about my attitude :) And you should be glad that there are people who actually have more respect for developers spending lots of time on free software than you seem to have. Otherwise, tabsrmm or maybe even miranda wouldn't even exist.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 06:36:56 by Nightwish
July 21, 2005, 08:15:37
I have own personal theme, but how i may reccomend this plugin for others? default settings not from category "like or not like", they are simply awful and don't useable in any case!

Your plugin is great, many people think so, but i think you may include in releases "USEABLE" templates or you own template, for those who does not wish them to adjust...

In developement, you have pursued for functionality, but have absolutely forgotten about care of the user ... :-\
July 21, 2005, 08:17:34
And you should be glad that there are people who actually have more respect for developers spending lots of time on free software than you seem to have. Otherwise, tabsrmm or maybe even miranda wouldn't even exist.
BIG respect to you from me :smile:
July 21, 2005, 09:09:19
I have own personal theme, but how i may reccomend this plugin for others? default settings not from category "like or not like", they are simply awful and don't useable in any case!

Your plugin is great, many people think so, but i think you may include in releases "USEABLE" templates or you own template, for those who does not wish them to adjust...

The default templates ARE usable. And they are not so bad. They may not show off all possibilites of the template parser, and some may find them not really "pretty". But "pretty" isn't absolute. My own idea of a pretty template may cause headaches for other users. That's why I leave it up to the user to create his own personal look.

The fonts and colors are set to windows defaults (reasons already discussed)

Edit I'am currently playing with the NSIS (installing system by nullsoft) to create an .exe installer. If this all works as it should, then I may include a default .tabsrmm theme file and apply it automatically
__
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 09:14:06 by Nightwish
July 21, 2005, 09:24:05
I'am currently playing with the NSIS (installing system by nullsoft) to create an .exe installer. If this all works as it should, then I may include a default .tabsrmm theme file and apply it automatically
Great news! Its right way of developement, thank you :frown:
July 22, 2005, 09:49:53
great release again.

suggestions:

add a option to manually specify the send-message combination (i prefer ctrl+enter, but you only support enter and shift+enter)

the default colors settings for tabs make the text and everything invisible. i suggest using the miranda default colors / font sizes.
July 22, 2005, 10:00:41
add a option to manually specify the send-message combination (i prefer ctrl+enter, but you only support enter and shift+enter)
Uncheck 'Send on Enter' and 'Send on Shift+Enter' and what do you have...? ;D there is also Alt+s...
July 22, 2005, 11:27:41
and ctrl+enter!
July 22, 2005, 11:52:28
i love such "features" :(
July 22, 2005, 12:12:14
great release again.

suggestions:

Wrong. Ctrl-Enter is actually the default setting. It has been there since the beginning, because its inherited from SRMM.

__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 22, 2005, 14:11:44
i just installed tabsrmm and ctrl+enter added a linebreak. shift+enter and enter worked fine though.

i added it to a plain miranda installation - fresh installed, fresh profile, no other modules.
July 22, 2005, 14:44:48
you have to uncheck "send on enter".
i'm sure!
July 22, 2005, 18:01:45
right now i'm talking about the default setting nightwish mentioned.
July 22, 2005, 18:54:37
me too. if you uncheck "send on enter" you can use ctrl+enter to send a message.
if "send on enter" is checked ctrl+enter acts like enter without ctrl. (linebreak)