YesNoOk

Special chars (Read 1927 times)

Started by Jacklawi, January 30, 2005, 17:48:04

Special chars |
January 30, 2005, 17:48:04
Well actually I have 2 requests but I couldn't edit the subject of the topic so here goes:

1. I was thinking about a feature to add (not exactly feature but w/e)...
Is it possible to enable special chars using Alt+X in tabsrmm?
For example: Type '263a' then click Alt+X and a face will popup... (works on icq and on wordpad)

Or if you do 03b1 -> Alt+X it will be replaced with "greek small alpha"

Currently, the Alt+X uses to send the message...

Is it possible to arrange an option to decide the purpose of Alt+X ?

2. Can you make an option to change the quote button to copy the marked text to the clipboard and not just put in the text area? Maybe add another quote button...

Thanks ahead
Special chars |
January 30, 2005, 19:10:58
"Jacklawi" said:
1. I was thinking about a feature to add (not exactly feature but w/e)...
Is it possible to enable special chars using Alt+X in tabsrmm?
For example: Type '263a' then click Alt+X and a face will popup... (works on icq and on wordpad)

Or if you do 03b1 -> Alt+X it will be replaced with "greek small alpha"

Currently, the Alt+X uses to send the message...
Yes, this is possible, Alt-X shouldn't send anyway, because Alt-S is the default hotkey for sending. Alt-X is only additional

Is it possible to arrange an option to decide the purpose of Alt+X ?
No option needed, because Alt-X was never meant for sending messages.

2. Can you make an option to change the quote button to copy the marked text to the clipboard and not just put in the text area? Maybe add another quote button...
Nope, because you can always mark+copy from the log, so this is pretty much useless. The toolbar is already big enough, so adding more buttons isn't an option.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Special chars |
January 30, 2005, 19:17:20
Well from some reason when I do 263a then Alt+x it sends the message and if the text area is empty it just closes the tab...

Any ideas?
Special chars |
January 30, 2005, 19:43:51
"Jacklawi" said:
Well from some reason when I do 263a then Alt+x it sends the message and if the text area is empty it just closes the tab...
Yes, alt-X is mapped to send :)
But this can be easily removed, because its not necessary. Alt-S is the default (and documented) hotkey for sending.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Special chars |
January 30, 2005, 19:48:29
Hmmm I'm using the newest version and I remember there was an option to make Alt+S send under the "Messaging" list item but now I can't find it :x
Special chars |
January 31, 2005, 12:46:07
Hmmmmmmmm?

So how can I make the Alt+X not send ?
Special chars |
January 31, 2005, 12:46:50
"Jacklawi" said:
Hmmmmmmmm?

So how can I make the Alt+X not send ?
Wait for the next build :)
__
My SMF-based forum fork
Special chars |
January 31, 2005, 12:48:42
Hehe ok thank you :)