YesNoOk

import/export function for fonts and colors (Read 3073 times)

Started by Feanor, November 08, 2004, 13:50:20

import/export function for fonts and colors |
November 08, 2004, 13:50:20
I would like to have a function to import/export fonts and color settings. Reason: I set all these things properly up and now, when I installed the new version of tabsrmm, all these settings were overwritten by plugin defaults.

It would be very cool to see this feature in near future. As for me it would be very useful.

Thanks in advance for your patience to read this thread.

Feanor

edit:
I'm sorry, as I read in the forums this questions was already posed and also answered by yourself.
--> you can erase this topic if you want to.
November 08, 2004, 14:04:00
"Feanor" said:
I would like to have a function to import/export fonts and color settings. Reason: I set all these things properly up and now, when I installed the new version of tabsrmm, all these settings were overwritten by plugin defaults.
This is not the default behaviour :)
You don't need to reconfigure everything with each new version of tabSRMM. It happens from time to time, because the plugin is still under heavy development. The last change was done to give tabSRMM their own settings inside the database which do no longer collide with the font settings from standard SRMM.

Nevertheless, I do plan to introduce some sort of "theming" ability. This will save the current font + color configuration as some sort of theme, using a plain text .INI file. Themes can then be quickly imported or shared with other people.

It won't happen too soon, since there are other things on the priority list, but it is planned for a future version.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
November 08, 2004, 14:27:26
thanks a lot for your fast answer!
good luck in future programming of tabsrmm!
November 08, 2004, 14:34:03
[align="justify"]
"Feanor" said:
thanks a lot for your fast answer!
good luck in future programming of tabsrmm!
Thanks, and don't worry about loosing your font configuration in the next build again :)

I don't think that it will be necessary to reconfigure everything again in the future. It's now more or less where I want to have it and since tabSRMM is now using its own font settings (previous versions shared them with SRMM), it shouldn't have an influence on other plugins any longer.[/align]
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
November 09, 2004, 16:47:11
For those who can't wait.
There's a plugin available for Miranda, called dbExport, avaiable here: http://www.miranda-im.org/download/details.php?action=viewfile&id=429

This one can export all the settings of Miranda to an .ini file. So you can just delete everything in that file except the tabsrmm settings.
Makes it easy to transfer settings to another profile.
The .ini is imported by Miranda automatically (except from the current testing builds, they're reworking sth.)

CIAO
   X-Byte
November 09, 2004, 19:27:32
also there was the theme plugin from jdgordon which could export settings although i think ti doesn't support tabSRMM. But we could ask him to support that :)