YesNoOk

buddy pounce sends msg, but i dont know which (Read 1970 times)

Started by murphy, December 13, 2004, 09:40:24

buddy pounce sends msg, but i dont know which |
December 13, 2004, 09:40:24
hi
if i send a msg and it fails, i set it to be sent later.
in the log i see the msg with the title saying it wasnt sent.

after some time, when buddy pounce sends this msg, in the log i only see my nick with the time, but without the actual msg that was sent.
December 13, 2004, 14:54:50
"murphy" said:
hi
if i send a msg and it fails, i set it to be sent later.
in the log i see the msg with the title saying it wasnt sent.

after some time, when buddy pounce sends this msg, in the log i only see my nick with the time, but without the actual msg that was sent.
Check, if the message appears in the history (which a history viewer). If it doesn't, then it seems to be a bp problem.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
December 13, 2004, 15:00:07
what is bp ?

in the history, i dont see the "msg that was not sent" msg (which includes the actual msg)

but i do see some records with only my name and time without the actual msg, which was exactly my complaint :)
December 13, 2004, 15:17:58
"murphy" said:
what is bp ?

in the history, i dont see the "msg that was not sent" msg (which includes the actual msg)

but i do see some records with only my name and time without the actual msg, which was exactly my complaint :)
This means, that buddypounce (bp) doesn't send the message properly (for whatever reason). Note that bp is not unicode aware, so if the msg needs to be sent as unicode, it may fail.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
December 13, 2004, 15:22:03
im sending in hebrew, i dont remember checking it with english though

since i have BP from your package as well, this problem should be addressed to u?

coz it does more problems as u saw from another post of mine
December 13, 2004, 15:30:59
"murphy" said:
im sending in hebrew, i dont remember checking it with english though

since i have BP from your package as well, this problem should be addressed to u?
Nope, i do not work on buddypounce at all.
coz it does more problems as u saw from another post of mine
Last time I checked, it works fine. However, lots of changes have been done to tabsrmm, the miranda core and in many other areas.

There may be problems, yes, and at the moment I don't have the time to care about these less important stuff.

It may be addressed at a later time.

BTW: I just checked, and the "send later" feature works fine for me.
__
My SMF-based forum fork