YesNoOk

avatar service for Srmm (Read 4156 times)

Started by pirlouy, December 05, 2005, 21:39:36

Share this topic:
December 05, 2005, 21:39:36
Your utilisation of avatar service for the container seems yo be completely logic.

Like I don't use tab, or bbcode, or others things, I think I will use default container.

Have you planned to integrate the avatar service in Srmm or you prefer not to change it ?
Re: avatar service for Srmm |
December 05, 2005, 21:57:47
Have you planned to integrate the avatar service in Srmm or you prefer not to change it ?

Nope. The service will not be integrated. Someone could modify srmm to use the service, but I'am not going to do it.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
December 05, 2005, 22:12:23
But I thought you was a developper of the core of Miranda and I thought it woud be better for the resources...

Anyhow, I know you won't do something, but maybe you can discuss that with Ghazan ?
Nope again ? Then alright ! it was just an idea :-)
December 05, 2005, 22:15:34
But I thought you was a developper of the core of Miranda and I thought it woud be better for the resources...

Well.. I actually am, but I don't think that anything would benefit from integrating the avatar service. It works fine as it is now and it *may* become a standard plugin at some time.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
December 05, 2005, 22:26:17
But your implementation of avatar services in container... you don't think it's benefic concerning resources ? Or you think it's still a "beta" feature ?
December 05, 2005, 23:02:30
But your implementation of avatar services in container... you don't think it's benefic concerning resources ? Or you think it's still a "beta" feature ?

Huh.. I don't understand what you mean with container. Avatar service is a separate and very small plugin. It has nothing to do with tabsrmm or any other plugin. It is a low level service plugin which is already used by tabSRMM, clist_nicer, clist_modern, popup+ and maybe other plugins.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
December 05, 2005, 23:18:17
Yes I have understood. Thanks to him, this plugins don't need to create a way to support avatar, they just use the avatar service.

All this plugins... but not Srmm. :P
December 06, 2005, 00:19:44
Yes I have understood. Thanks to him, this plugins don't need to create a way to support avatar, they just use the avatar service.

All this plugins... but not Srmm. :P

It should be quite easy to modify srmm for avatar service and remove srmms own avatar loading and drawing code. The problem is that srmm is a standard plugin and HAS to work without extra plugins, so this could only happen when avatar service would beome a standard plugin (which *may* happen as I already said).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
December 06, 2005, 00:26:12
Ok, thanks for this informations. :-)