YesNoOk

A <font> problem (Read 2527 times)

Started by crazyfan_metal, July 06, 2005, 20:34:32

A <font> problem |
July 06, 2005, 20:34:32
Hi guys. Since I updated my tabsrmm from version *.94 to *.95 a strange tag appeared when chatting with my ICQ contacts(users who are using the ICQ app). It's like <font lang="0">message</font>. It is included in every incoming message and is very annoying. I tried to use *.94 again and had no problems with it but I miss the new features and that's why I want to use *.95. Any ideas how to fix this? The interesting thing is that when I chat with users using Miranda I don't get this tag. :o
Re: A <font> problem |
July 06, 2005, 22:00:36
Hi guys. Since I updated my tabsrmm from version *.94 to *.95 a strange tag appeared when chatting with my ICQ contacts(users who are using the ICQ app). It's like <font lang="0">message</font>. It is included in every incoming message and is very annoying. I tried to use *.94 again and had no problems with it but I miss the new features and that's why I want to use *.95. Any ideas how to fix this? The interesting thing is that when I chat with users using Miranda I don't get this tag. :o

That's not coming from tabSRMM. Are you using IEView? The current version is not 100% compatible with tabSRMM .95, unless you use templates.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 07, 2005, 09:40:19

That's not coming from tabSRMM. Are you using IEView? The current version is not 100% compatible with tabSRMM .95, unless you use templates.
Yes, I am using IEView 1.0.3.5. And I don't use templates. When I use a template, it is the same- I still receive this annoying tag. As I said above the problem started when I updated tabsrmm. And when i switch back to *.94 there's no such problem. So i figured that the source of the problem would be tabsrmm. Well, I guess I'll be waiting for an update.
July 07, 2005, 10:06:34
Yes, I am using IEView 1.0.3.5. And I don't use templates. When I use a template, it is the same- I still receive this annoying tag. As I said above the problem started when I updated tabsrmm. And when i switch back to *.94 there's no such problem. So i figured that the source of the problem would be tabsrmm. Well, I guess I'll be waiting for an update.

This really looks like the icq protocol does not properly filter out formatting sequences. ICQ clients sending such formatting tags.

I suggest you switch back to the default message log and check if it's still there....
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 08, 2005, 12:43:42

This really looks like the icq protocol does not properly filter out formatting sequences. ICQ clients sending such formatting tags.

I suggest you switch back to the default message log and check if it's still there....
No change :slanted:.
July 08, 2005, 16:17:05

Well, then it comes from the protocol. The default message log shows the message unmodified, unless bbcodes are used, but [ font ] isn't even a supported bbcode.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 08, 2005, 20:46:52

Well, then it comes from the protocol. The default message log shows the message unmodified, unless bbcodes are used, but [ font ] isn't even a supported bbcode.

Thank you very much. That fixed things. It seems I have been using a corrupt version of ICQ.dll .