YesNoOk
  1. Welcome!
    EosAlpha BBS is a fork of the popular Simple Machines Forum software. We aim at creating a new forum software, adding several new features and a modern and fresh design on top of the existing SMF code base.

This software is currently in an early stage of development and this forum acts primarily as a testing platform for the ongoing development.

Feel free to look around to get an idea about how it feels and looks.

Source code (Read 2003 times)

Started by Nightwish, August 01, 2011, 20:35:31
Share this topic:
Source code
New #1
Posted by Nightwish August 01, 2011, 20:35:31
Source code availability:

The code is hosted on Github in my SMF repository.

Feel free to clone and play around.
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
1 Like It 
Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 22:48:00 by Nightwish
Re: Source code |
August 16, 2011, 20:26:59
A few notes about the code

While it theoretically works, you'll most likely not be able to use it for anything at the moment. The installer has not been updated, so you would have to perform a number of manual database and settings changes.

Also, the code is a fast moving target. It is very likely that it will be totally broken at times.

Remember, as of now, this project is just a couple of weeks old and I only verify that most of the new things do work on my own forum here. Absolutely no tests have been made with fresh installations or upgrades of existing SMF databases. I'll do so when the code becomes more mature over time and after the basic feature additions and theme upgrades have been made.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork