YesNoOk
  1. Welcome!
    EosAlpha BBS is a fork of the popular Simple Machines Forum software. We aim at creating a new forum software, adding several new features and a modern and fresh design on top of the existing SMF code base.

This software is currently in an early stage of development and this forum acts primarily as a testing platform for the ongoing development.

Feel free to look around to get an idea about how it feels and looks.

Development roadmap - discussion (Read 2217 times)

Started by Nao, August 31, 2011, 22:40:33

Share this topic:
Development roadmap - discussion |
August 31, 2011, 22:40:33
A few bugs or comments noticed on my visit today... (I didn't find a proper topic to post this.)

- Surrounding an img tag with a link doesn't work. The image links to the image itself, in a lightbox. Reminds me of a similar bug I had on my websites ;)
- "Current forum time" in Profile area is relative instead of absolute.
- Message index has the "last post by..." date set to absolute instead of relative.
- <div style="clear:right;"> should be <div class="clear_right">, same for style="float:right;" which should be class="floatright". Or you should remove these classes ;)
- Indentation problems in the HTML, CSS, JS... Then again I'm the infamous Indenazi so I was bound to report that :P
__
  Wedge
« Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974.
It's a scientific fact. » (Homer Simpson)
2 Like It 
New #2
Re: Development roadmap - discussion |
September 01, 2011, 15:11:17
- Surrounding an img tag with a link doesn't work. The image links to the image itself, in a lightbox. Reminds me of a similar bug I had on my websites ;)
I know, but that's because I just added prettyPhoto in "ultra-simple" mode for images. Right now, I don't even know whether I'll stick with PP or use something else, so I'll deal with that problem later. Personally, I like Highslide, but it has a somewhat incompatible license. Colorbox is also quite nice and very lightweight or maybe the very simple jQuery lightbox 2 plugin.

Also, it works on any class="bbc_img" which is, of course, wrong, because small (unresized) images don't need to open in the lightbox.

I'll fix these issues after deciding upon which lightbox script to use.
- "Current forum time" in Profile area is relative instead of absolute.
There are a few cases where the relative time stamp doesn't make sense - this is one of them :)
- Message index has the "last post by..." date set to absolute instead of relative.
Um, no (see screenshot), it should be relative. That might be caused by a JavaScript error somewhere - try to force-reload the page to update the scripts.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
1 Like It 
Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:33:59 by Nightwish