YesNoOk

Can someone explain IcoLib..? (Read 4508 times)

Started by Adam2, April 11, 2005, 13:02:00

Can someone explain IcoLib..? |
April 11, 2005, 13:02:00
Where do I select icons?
Do I have to download IcoLib? If so, where?
Re: Can someone explain IcoLib..? |
April 11, 2005, 13:10:28
April 11, 2005, 13:13:08
Thanks, didn't search the FL... Just google... :)
April 19, 2005, 14:39:59
Why search Google before searching the file list? :)

IcoLib is great, I wish more plugins supported it.
April 19, 2005, 15:37:46
Why search Google before searching the file list? :)[/qoute]

Checking for new plugins in FL almost every day... Never seen IcoLib there... :-/

Hopefully all new plugins will support it. And some "old" may add it... :)
In Miranda 0.4.1 all icons will be (easily) changeable, using some kind of GUI...
April 19, 2005, 15:40:16
file listing's search engine is really awful anyway, you need to cross you fingers before using it :)

("seen" - nothing, "last seen" - nothing, "last seen plugin" - bingo)
April 19, 2005, 15:41:03

IcoLib will be part of Miranda core in the future (unified UI for configuring icons for everthing - protocols, plugins, just like everything which needs icons).

Supporting this will then be almost a requirement for any well-written plugin (and writing the code for it is pretty easy..)
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
April 19, 2005, 18:45:22

Sounds great... But I guess 0.4.1 is pretty far away.. Nightwish, any info? ;)

Sorry for the messy quote in last post ^^
IcoLib will be part of Miranda core in the future (unified UI for configuring icons for everthing - protocols, plugins, just like everything which needs icons).

Supporting this will then be almost a requirement for any well-written plugin (and writing the code for it is pretty easy..)

April 20, 2005, 10:35:13
Messy quote again :)

Anyway... Some time ago I found out that in the latest testing build of Miranda (0.4.0.1a) you can already change almost all icons used in the menu, in the contact's menu and so on...

Check that out...

__
;D Sorry for my English ;D
April 20, 2005, 13:13:55
that's IcoLib :)
April 20, 2005, 13:23:18
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
April 20, 2005, 13:40:16
__
;D Sorry for my English ;D
April 21, 2005, 21:41:12
Is clist_classic more stable than _mew nowadays?
April 21, 2005, 21:57:49
Is clist_classic more stable than _mew nowadays?

classic seems to be pretty stable, yes. I use _nicer (which is much closer to classic than the _mw variants) and don't have any issues with the contact list.

The only serious bug in clist_nicer is the floating point exception when certain transparency values are set to 0 (in that case, Miranda will crash at startup and the only way to fix this is to temporarily replace clist_nicer with another one and use dbeditor to delete the settings causing the crash).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
April 21, 2005, 22:18:24
I also use classic, I tried mw for a long while but I had no real use for it and it made me crash some time, so I switched back some week ago. Too bad you can't change status bar icon order with classic...