YesNoOk

Request got some install problems  (Read 5523 times)

Started by samozin, April 20, 2013, 10:03:03
Share this topic:
got some install problems  |
April 20, 2013, 10:03:03
hello guys i got some problems while i was installing
here they R
1-
Your settings have now been saved and the database has been populated with all the data required to get your forum up and running. Summary of population:

Created 75 tables.
Inserted 779 rows.
Some of the queries were not executed properly. This could be caused by an unsupported (development or old) version of your database software.

Technical information about the queries:
Line #1966: Column count doesn't match value count at row 29
Line #2217: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key
Click "Continue" to progress to the admin account creation page.

====================================================
2-
sitename.com/EosAlpha-master/install.php?step=5
Hacking attempt...

===================================================
3-
AT the display.template it give me this problem while viewing the topics
Table 'sitename_try.samo_topicbans' doesn't exist
File: /home/sitename/public_html/EosAlpha-master/Sources/Display.php
Line: 259

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version EosAlpha 1.0pre, while your database is at version 1.0pre. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
Re: got some install problems  |
April 20, 2013, 11:47:36
AT the display.template it give me this problem while viewing the topics
Table 'sitename_try.samo_topicbans' doesn't exist
File: /home/sitename/public_html/EosAlpha-master/Sources/Display.php
Line: 259
Basically, this software isn't ready for installation / usage yet (but thanks for trying it :) ).

The install script has not been updated for a while and basically it's still the original SMF 2.0 installer (+ a few changes). It probably contains a lot of other issues, not only with the db scheme, but also with new or obsolete settings among other things that are differently handled in EoS.

The only thing you could do is to manually create/modify the missing tables. Table structure is documented in table-changes.sql (differences to a standard SMF 2.0 table scheme) and install_2-0_mysql.sql (full table scheme).

The topicbans table is required at this time since the topicban feature can not (yet) be optional.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
May 08, 2013, 13:22:29
sorry i couldnt do it manually iam haveno  idea about such sql codes :(
i just liked the its features i wanted to my site based on something like that modified smf fork
i got some own codes to make frontpage dynamic slideshow for the boads i want
looks like my codes wont work with this fork ?
i dont know
can i take some features from this fork to my ordinary smf script ?
May 08, 2013, 20:12:23
sorry i couldnt do it manually iam haveno  idea about such sql codes :(
i just liked the its features i wanted to my site based on something like that modified smf fork
i got some own codes to make frontpage dynamic slideshow for the boads i want
looks like my codes wont work with this fork ?
Addons written for SMF will not work with EoS - there are way too many differences and incompatibilities. However, data structures and core functionality are similar, so in theory, it should be possible to port SMF addons to EoS if you know enough PHP.
can i take some features from this fork to my ordinary smf script ?
Well, since it is open source, you can of course use the code (or just parts of it) for your own project(s).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
May 18, 2013, 00:20:27
yay  you're back :)  I noticed you were gone from github and for a moment I regret that I never really got a chance to play with EoS  but I'm glad you're back :D
__
Sin talento no busques grandeza, porque nunca la vas a obtener.
May 18, 2013, 01:15:56
yay  you're back :)  I noticed you were gone from github and for a moment I regret that I never really got a chance to play with EoS  but I'm glad you're back :D
Huh, gone from Github?

Well, no, not really. I wasn't really active for the past few weeks/months (busy with lots of other things), but not really gone. Maybe a Github screwup, noticed some weird things recently, like getting 404 errors when clicking on (valid) commit links.

Project isn't dead, just slow progress at the moment :)
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 18, 2013, 12:05:16
Cool, I noticed the 404 pages too, anyway I'm glad this isn't dead :)
__
Sin talento no busques grandeza, porque nunca la vas a obtener.
1 Thank You